If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.
JOIN THE CLUB
March 4, 2009
Two Sweet Spots
South of the Border
The International Association of Golf Travel Operators recently named the Dominican Republic “The Golf Destination of the Year 2009” for the Caribbean and Latin America. It boasts two of the largest golf resorts in the Caribbean:
• The venerable Casa de Campo Resort near La Romana has three magnificent courses designed by Pete Dye: the Teeth of the Dog (see photo), Dye Fore and Links
• Cap Cana, a $2 billion, 8,600-acre resort, has luxury hotels, a marina, residential villages, three miles of beach and three championship golf courses (with plans for three additional courses). The resort hosts the Cap Cana Championship, a Champions Tour event.
Mexico’s Riviera Maya
This region, which includes Cancun, is not just for spring breakers and the cruise-ship crowd. Golfers are increasingly finding great venues to tee it up at places like:
• Greg Norman’s El Camaleon (site of the PGA TOUR’s Mayakoba Golf Classic at Riviera Maya)
• P.B. Dye’s Iberostar Playa Paraiso GC
• and Jack Nicklaus’ 27 holes at the Moon Palace Resort
New courses in the works include the separate layouts by Tom Fazio and Nick Price at the Cancun Country Club and Puerto Cancun by Tom Weiskopf.
FLORIDA SWING TRIP GOLFPAC
Enter the Buddy Trip Sweepstakes.
Win a trip of a lifetime and play the Old Course!
SEND TO A FRIEND | CONTACT US | ADVERTISE
© 2009 PGA TOUR Partners Club
Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or safe sender list so our email gets to your inbox. Please do not reply to this message as the “reply to” function does not allow us to receive your email.
PGA TOUR Partners Club | 12301 Whitewater Drive | Minnetonka, MN 55343